Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Love this

I can't remember where I saw these fabric flowers by Emerson Made, but I love them. I think a scaled down version of the white one would be great against my all over lace dress as something a bit different. Initally, I was going to do a sash the a couple of brooches at the knot, but it seems a little boring and done. In the last edition of Martha Stewart Weddings, they had a whole section on fabric flowers. Some of them were a bit ridiculous, but there are instructions on how to make them on the website. Click here for the how to. I bought some cheap taffeta and organza in super bright colors to try a few out. They are actually pretty simple to put together, its just the cutting took a lot longer than I thought. I'll post some pics when they are done. Here is the pic from Martha:







Here are a few pics from the EmersonMade site. They are a bit bigger than I'd like. I little bit smaller version would be perfect. I love how she puts them on everything!



No comments:

Post a Comment