Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bridesmaids


I found this dress on Etsy by Amanda Archer not too long ago and after looking and looking for bridesmaid's dresses, I kept coming back to this one. I absolutely love it. Being that my mom is a fabulous seamstress, she will be making them (along with my dress). What is good for her is that I only have two bridesmaids, what is good for them is that they will have a dress tailored to fit them exactly in a pattern that they can actually wear again (for real). I think we'll tone down the collar a bit so it doesn't get clown like. My mom sent me a blurb from the Silk Road site that if you wash silk dupioni, it will lose some of its stiffness and sheen making it a more casual look. Maybe then it won't look so "bridesmaidy." Plus, if its washed prior to sewing it, then you can handwash it from then on instead of dryclean only. Lord knows we all have a ton of bridesmaids dresses we never more than that one day. What a waste! I'd love for them to jazz them up with fun jewelry after the wedding and have a dress to add to their party collection. I'll have to get a swatch of the silk and see how it comes out. My sister also suggested cotton sateen which would make a lot more casual, but I'm not sure if I want it to look THAT toned down. Who knows, it all depends on what fabric I can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment