Friday, April 10, 2009

I can't believe it

It's still weird to look down at my hand and see an engagement ring. Clay and I have been dating for almost five and half years, so I wasn't sure this would ever happen! We got engaged about two months ago and have set the date for April 24, 2010. I couldn't be happier and am so excited to start planning not only our wedding, but ours lives together. With the help of my crafty mother, family, and friends I plan to have the best wedding ever while still keeping within budget. The more great finds that I've found, the more I felt the need to share my ideas and experiences. Not all DIY projects go the way they are supposed to, so maybe some of you can use my ups and downs as a resource. My mother and I decided the other night that we can make my cake. So, for the next couple of family gatherings, I will obviously be bringing the dessert (a.k.a small test wedding cakes) to see which recipe is best. My mom says the taste is the most important part, no one wants a dry white plain cake...ugh. So tonight (almost 11pm, I have my first test cake in the oven. I'll take some pics tomorrow to show the result. I'm trying a tiramisu cake with berry layers. It look delicious, but I'm not much of a baker. I'm more of a cook that measures with pinches and dashes, not exact amounts. We'll see tmmw...

So, in short, I hope this serves as a resource for other brides to be that are looking to have the wedding of their dreams without breaking the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment